Building Healthy Communities was introduced in 1994 to assist First Nations and Inuit communities to develop community-based approaches to better health.
To improve mental wellness and increase awareness of suicide and risk factors in First Nation communities.
To enhance community management and control by providing the tools necessary to tackle hopelessness and suicide affecting communities in crisis.
Addressing critical community gaps with respect to mental health.
- Crisis Intervention
- Individual, family, group and community counselling programs addressing full spectrum of mental health issues.
- Aftercare and Rehabilitation
- identify resources for referral and treatment
- facilitate support groups
- provide ongoing counselling and support for all community members
- Anger management
- Domestic violence
- Healthy relationships
- Youth healthy relationships course
- Parenting groups
- Suicide prevention (school and community)
- Youth Recreation Program
- coordinate the after school youth recreation program
1 Bison Drive East
P.O. Box 88
Ph: 204-766-2740/ 866-327-1211