Strengthening Families Maternal Child Health Program is an initiative that evolved from a September 2004 special meeting of the First Minister and First Nation leaders.
To empower families and promote trusting, supportive relationships between parents and children, care providers, families and resources.
That every First Nation Community in Manitoba have strong, healthy and supportive families living holistic and balanced lifestyles.
The Strengthening Families Maternal Child Health Program is strength based, family centered, relationship focused and culturally competent.
The Strengthening Families Maternal Child Health Program works closely with all programs in the community:
- Aboriginal Head Start on reserve
- Canada Prenatal Nutrition Program
- Children’s Oral Health Initiative
- Success through advocacy & role modeling
- Brighter Future Initiative
- Building Healthy Communities
- Public Health
- Mental Health
- Social Assistance
- Community Health Representative
- Primary Care services
- Aboriginal Diabetes Initiative
- Many more external programs
1 Bison Drive East
P.O. Box 88
Ph: 204-766-2740/ 866-327-1211