The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill a contract for Proposal Writer. Under the direct supervision of the Brokenhead Ojibway Nation Director of Operations, The Proposal Writer facilitates the research, development, review, and editing of proposals for funding and support that will benefit the community; conducts basic research for potential funding sources; and maintains databases while supporting administration in developing proposals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or a related field
- 3 years of experience in grant/loan funding or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the skill, knowledge, and ability necessary to perform the tasks
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of grant application process and the writing of applications
- Knowledge of loan documents to track the disposition of funding with project managers and funding agencies
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines for grant opportunities.
- Ability to take initiative and use innovative techniques and ingenuity in preparing grant/loan applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with various stakeholders, as required
- Ability to research available grant opportunities
- Ability to work flexible hours for research
- Ability to travel when required for research and training
- Ability to participate as a team player to coordinate grant projects
- Ability to develop, write and implement strategic plans and ability to provide necessary documentation to support grant requirements
- Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules, and regulations
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects
- Ability to gather, analyze, and evaluate a variety of data
- Willingness to submit to random drug testing
- Please include 3 work references with your resume
Preference may be given to Indigenous people and applicants are encouraged to self-declare. We thank all who apply and advise only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Application deadline: January 12, 2022
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Fax to: (204) 766-2021
Human Resources Manager
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation
Box 180 Scanterbury, Manitoba R0E 1W0
The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is committed to equity in employment.