Construction Workers/Lead Hand
The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation’s Housing Department is seeking a highly motivated individuals to fill full-time positions for housing construction projects. The successful candidates will be responsible for carrying construction and renovations to all band houses and buildings. As we are looking to setup multiple crews, this posting will remain open until fully filled.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- A range of skillsets needed. From limited knowledge and desire to learn, to skilled trades.
- A good working knowledge of performing general repairs and maintenance to houses and buildings.
- The ability to use tools and exercise good judgement.
- The ability to take direction and learn on the job.
- A safety-first mindset.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs.
- General hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 – 4:30pm. Additional hours as needed.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Possess strong communication skills to maintain positive relationships with the public as well as contractors.
- Must be able to work with little supervision.
- Must be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug test and future random drug testing.
- Include 3 employer references with your resume
Brokenhead Ojibway Nations offers a competitive compensation package. Preference will be given to qualified First Nation persons and encourage all candidates to self declare. We thank all who apply and advise only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Open until filled
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Email: [email protected]
Fax to: (204) 766-2021
Susan Fredborg Human Resources Manager
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation
Box 180 Scanterbury, Manitoba R0E 1W0
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is committed to equity in employment